Monday, June 21, 2010

Does Microsoft Works Word Processor "Word Wrap" or "Line Break"?

I want to write a guide for Game FAQs, but I don't know whether I'll need to manually enter line breaks for the end of a line or not. Does Microsoft Works (Word Processor) Word Wrap, or does it actually register as though you pressed "enter" to make the line break? I looked through the help, but I couldn't find anything. Please help.



Does Microsoft Works Word Processor "Word Wrap" or "Line Break"?spyware remover



Microsoft Works, Word, etc. all have word wrap or 鈥渟oft wrap鈥? There are no actual line breaks being inserted, known as a 鈥渉ard wrap鈥?



%26gt; I want to write a guide for Game FAQs, but I don't know whether I'll need to manually enter line breaks for the end of a line or not.



You'll manually have to take care of the formatting.



%26gt; does it actually register as though you pressed "enter" to make the line break?



Nope. That's called a hard wrap, where actual End-of-line markers (EOL markers) are inserted on every wrap.



I recall all GameFAQ guides being plain text only. You may want to use a plain text editor. Some of the more powerful ones have hard wraps.



I use Vim, which can do this easily. There is a steep learning curve to using it though (for Windows users at least). But if you have an interest in picking up Vim...

1 comment: