Monday, June 21, 2010

HELP! Microsoft Word.?

Ook.. I have an important document in word at the moment, My problem is I can't copy items within the program. When I have clipboard open and I highlight, copy, It will not go into the clipboard. If I copy something from an internet page, it will show up on the clipboard. If I cut something within word it will delete but not copy. It is a Microsoft Office word 2007 on Windows vista.



I can't save the document either, I press the ctrl + s, the save as, the save button, F12... No popup window.. Help!



HELP! Microsoft Word.?matchless



So essentially all the ways to save a file's contents are being blocked. Hate to say it, but that sound like it was done on purpose, by either Microsoft or someone else.



If you're also getting a message relating to the file being locked, you probably have a trial version of Word (Office) that has just expired. If you have files that are locked up in the new Word 2007 file format (.docx), here鈥檚 a possibility for salvaging them. Microsoft offers a free Compatibility pack that allows earlier versions of Word to read Word 2007 files. If you have access to an earlier version, this can at least give you back your documents.



On the other hand, if you鈥檙e interested in buying Word, check out this URL, especially the second group of listings.



http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/produc...



Note that the higher of the two prices quoted is for a full version of that program and the lower, for upgrades from existing software. Read the list of upgrade-qualifying software carefully: MS Works is often one, and may have come on your machine.



If you're NOT seeing any such messages, you may have malware on your machine and should do a virus scan with a good anti-virus package. I hope this isn't the case.



Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment